- Date: August 28, 2014
- Time: 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Place: SourceAmerica / 8401 Old Courthouse Road / Vienna, VA 22182
Interview opportunities for the media:
- Workers who have received subminimum wages
- Parents of children with disabilities
- Leaders of disability organizations participating in the protest
- Dr. Fredric K. Schroeder (former commissioner of the Rehabilitation Services Administration)
On Thursday, August 28, members of the National Federation of the Blind, the National Council on Independent Living, ADAPT, the Association of People Supporting Employment First, Little People of America, and TASH will participate in a protest outside of the headquarters of SourceAmerica. The informational protest will raise awareness of SourceAmerica’s discrimination against workers with disabilities. SourceAmerica discriminates against workers with disabilities by permitting its qualified nonprofits to pay workers with disabilities less than the federal minimum wage – in some cases only pennies per hour.