- Tuesday, March 21, 2017; 1:00-2:00 p.m.
- Call-in: 1-515-739-1285
- Passcode: 521847#
- RSVP online
Learn what people are doing in cities and states around the country to fight cuts to Medicaid and home and community-based services, and get ideas for what you can do.
- Senator Bob Casey, Pennsylvania (invited)
- Amber Smock, Director of Advocacy, Access Living, and Founder of Disability Power for Community Integration
- Alison Barkoff, Director of Advocacy, Center for Public Representation, and Co-Chair of the LTSS Task Force of the Consortium for Citizens with Disabilities (CCD)
- Bill Henning or Shaya French, Boston Center for Independent Living
Note: New number! This is through freeconferencecall.com and will allow people who don’t have long distance to join through their computers.
Thank you to the National Disability Leadership Alliance for sponsoring the captioning of this call. If you need additional accommodations to participate in the call, please let NDLA know as soon as possible.
- CART: https://2020captioning.1capapp.com
- Username: forum
- Password: forum
- To ask questions via CART: sign-in to the chat function on the right side of the transcript and type your question. One of the call facilitators will read out any questions posted there.
- Because we want to maximize the generously donated CART services, we will begin the call promptly at 1:00 p.m. Eastern
Mark your calendars! The Organizer’s Forum has a call on the 3rd Tuesday of each month, 1:00 – 2:00 p.m. Eastern.
The Organizing Workgroup of the National Disability Leadership Alliance hosts these calls the third Tuesday of every month as a resource for disability organizers, in an effort toward building the organizing capacity of the disability community across the country. They generally follow the format of a Welcome followed by 2-3 experts in a given area speaking for a few minutes on their experiences, advice and challenges. The calls include a 20-30 minute question and answer period.